Friday, October 28, 2011

Scream on Halloween!

Scream the movie, Drew Barrymore, Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich, Halloween movies

I'm not a Horror/Slasher movie fan whatsoever, to say the least. When I first saw this movie in Junior High/High School, I was hooked. I must have watched it 20 times. I rented the VHS tape from Blockbuster back then and literally would watch and rewind and watch it again. I memorized every inside joke.. "Liver alone!" and “Never, ever, ever under any circumstances say, "I'll be right back." Because you won't be back.”

I studied their every mannerism. I was in love with the cast. This film was not only well written but well cast. I felt as if I were one of them, part of "the gang.” Behind every corner, and chase, something new and thrilling would pop up. The attention to detail is done painstakingly well.

Even the soundtrack is a "character" in itself. I can't listen to "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave + the Bad Seeds without thinking of this movie.  

Skeet Ulrich was one of my first crushes, and to this day, still reminds me of a young Johnny Depp in this film. From the first minutes into the last few seconds, I was on the edge of my chair, heart pounding.. wanting more.

5 STARS *****

What will you be watching this Halloween?

Scream the movie, Drew Barrymore, Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich, Halloween movies


TWITTER+FACEBOOK+BLOGLOVIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment