Saturday, September 5, 2009

French Dressing





With all of the amazing designers out there, from Yves Saint Laurent to Karl Lagerfeld, why is it that a woman feels most sexy in men's clothing? From boyfriend jeans to menswear trousers and jackets, even the occasional pair of sweatpants. I find that I feel most confident in something oversize and comfortable. The French nailed it when they said, through what they wear, that French Dressing is simply nothing more than subtle elegance paralleling comfort. That's not to say I don't admire a glorious gown or a great towering pair of heels, I do. I just like to wear something a little different, when I'm at home; lounging the day away...

Hopefully, this cohesive collage I made below, will help introduce you to some more of my favorite things at this moment..... Swirling clouds in the sky, beautiful Cherry Blossom trees, Alexander McQueen and his skeletal decorated ankle booties (these bad boys are headed my way soon) WhoWhatWearDaily- the book, Isabel Marant Spring into Summer sky blue mini frocks, Ali Stephens in Numero editorial for October 2009: see the collage/desktop I made here. Anja Rubik and Lace; harmonious. 80's rock music and lately Elton John's Bennie and the Jets has been on repeat. Covering up for Fall, in: black, black, and more black; lots of layers, cannot wait. And, pondering what to be this Halloween.....



A personal Thank You. :)



Collage images used from: fashioncanvas, stardustandsequins, knighttcat, and tfs- thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment